Saturday, November 27, 2010

Night Rides on my Mountain Bike

One of the things in this world that I enjoy doing is riding my bike. I bike almost everywhere I go and I hardly take public transport anymore. I ride my bike in almost any kind of weather and time of day but my favorite time of day to ride my bike is in the evening. Yup, you read it right., in the evenings. Riding my mountain bike at night gives me such a wonderful feeling which makes me really enjoy my night rides. Here are the reasons why I love night rides: The air is cooler, less cars on the roads, plus; I can go fast without feeling tired. The only thing that I have to deal with are the big bullies of the roads; Trucks! There are enough trucks out there to take on an entire road and bring danger to others but I manage to avoid them anyway. I am extra careful whenever I would ride my bike out in the concrete jungles of Metro manila cause drivers can be pretty unpredictable. I'm just glad that not many cyclists gets into accidents.


I ride my bike home in the evenings at least three times a week alone. Sometimes I would have the company of friends on a group night ride down here in the south just to have fun and ride like the wind. One of these days I'm going to organize a night ride going out of town to places like Tagaytay or Laguna with interested people. We leave at dawn, stay there to wherever we're going till late in the afternoon and ride bike home. I don't know how soon can I make that happen but all things come to him who waits I guess. For now, I just need to be content with my weekly night rides and enjoy it like I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment