Monday, January 31, 2011

Losing my temper when I'm provoked.

If there is one area in my life that I really need to work on, it would have to be my temper. My patience is being put to the test almost everyday. I have a short fuze for people who constantly nag me about things that are way beyond my control. Just a few minutes ago, I lost. I gave in to anger and I wish it didn't have to happen.

In moments like these I just feel like I want to run to a secluded place and scream to the top of my lungs instead of losing my cool in front of someone. I don't claim to be a person who has mastered my emotions yet, often times, I mange to calm my self but other times it's different. Sometimes, I am like a plastic bottle that breaks when squeezed hard.

It is human nature to sin when we are angry and I am no different. I wish that I can be angry and not sin and say things that I will regret later. I have to admit that once I give in to anger, I find it difficult to pray immediately. I don't like getting provoked to the point of rage and lose control. Lord I ask for your forgiveness for giving in to sin. Bring my joy back and be at peace. I lost it my Jesus. Give me the strength that I need to overcome the rage inside me.

No comments:

Post a Comment