Sunday, December 26, 2010

Missing my childhood Christmas days

Christmas in the eyes of a child are full of joy. The joys of being with cousins and playing with them during family reunions, the thrill of opening presents coming from my Mom and Dad and from aunts and uncles and other relatives. These are some things that I miss now that I am an adult. Don't get me wrong though, I still look forward every year to Christmas and I still love it; it's just that it's different when your a child. As a child, you don't have to worry about preparations for the holidays; all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy what's in store for you.


We would always have two reunions during the holidays back then. On Christmas day it self, we would be at Tito Rio's place with my first cousins; then on new years day, we would be at Tita Paulita's house in Mandaluyong or Uncle Dido's with the rest of our cousins. I can still remember the days when when my cousins and I would run around the house and play or watch movies in a betamax (those things were hot back then) One of the highlights of those days was falling in line for Christmas gifts and eagerly opening them to see what new toy we got. man! I really miss those days and I wish that I could go back in time and re-live them. Right now, all I have are memories of the good old days.; Christmas in the eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment