Saturday, January 1, 2011

First day of the new year musings.

The smoke from all those fireworks are gone and we are all stuffed from food. I fell asleep around 2:45 in the morning or so only to be awakened by a group of what sounded like highschool students have a street party in front of our house. So much for sleep; just when you though everything has settled down. I wasn't able to fall asleep until 4:00 in the morning then woke up at 9:45 because I felt hungry again.

I haven't done much today yet except my devotions. I started reading the book of genesis again and plans to meditate on 3 chapters per day of the Bible and finish it in a year's time. I really don't have any special plans today although I do want to go out for a bike ride but my post new year celebration laziness is getting the best out of me. I am actually tempted to go back to bed and get some more sleep. If I have someone to go riding with then I would be totally pumped up but it seems that everyone is either sleeping or partying somewhere with friends or relatives. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what will happen today. My bed is so tempting right now. Zzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment